Saturday, January 17, 2009

Buying a monthly season ticket

For the first time I attempted to buy a monthly season ticket on-line via the FGW web site. I applied a week before I needed the ticket and was not worried because delivery was by First class post.

The ticket did not arrive. I contacted FGW Customer Services and was given a number for their On line Booking department, who in turn gave me a number for the Season Ticket section!. Despite numerous attempts and hanging on forever I never got through to anyone.

So I sent an email via the Customer services web site, detailing the above. What did I get back a few days later? An email telling to ring the same number that had failed to respond previously. I emailed this fact back and got another email apologising and stateing that it was their understand that someone had now spoken to me, that the ticket had been posted and the matter was resolved. Despite the fact that no one had spoken to me and no ticket arrived.

The ticket eventually arrived yesterday (Friday 16th, 2 weeks after I ordered it and a week after the tickets Start Date). The covering letter was dated the 14th of January. I now have to go through the refund system to reclaim the lost days, will will extend to the end of the weekly ticket I bought in the meantime.

What are other people experience with buying Season tickets on-line?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought my monthly season ticket from Bath Spa to Bristol last night in the good old fashioned way at the ticket desk but was told that the 20% discount that I had enjoyed previously was now reduced to zero! I am sure this is wrong as they have to pay at least 10% discount if their performance statistics are below target, which I am sure they are. Net result is it has risen from £99 to £124! What are other peoples experiences?

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home